Chelsea started the match smartly ample, and had been fortunate to grab the early lead when Gary Cahill went down injured, opening dwelling for Willian to construct up out Olivier Giroud, who slotted dwelling with consummate ease. (So sorry, Gaz, but additionally thanks?)
The Blues had been firmly as a lot as speed after that, threatening time and over again. We didn’t deserve to back too long for Pulisic to double Chelsea’s lead with a hammer of a shot on the shut to post.
As spectacular as Pulisic’s obtain change into as soon as, Zaha upstaged him ten minutes later nevertheless, with a 25-yard bomb that change into as soon as both a expansive shot or a savable shot, but indubitably no longer both. It change into as soon as loads extra even contest after that, which is how the 2d half began as smartly.
After Giroud missed a excellent chance to restore Chelsea’s two-arrangement lead, he made device for Tammy Abraham as Lampard shuffled his playing cards neutral a dinky. Loftus-Cheek additionally came on, and the two substitutes mixed brilliantly to restore Chelsea’s two-arrangement lead.
Unfortunately, that didn’t even final a minute, as Palace walked via Chelsea’s true facet on the different live and Benteke ended his arrangement drought at Selhurst Park with a straight forward tap-in from a nice Van Aanholt unsuitable.
Fortunately, that change into as soon as the live of the scoring, though no longer sooner than Palace hit the post leisurely on and missed no longer no longer as a lot as 2 expansive probabilities to equalize.
Three targets, three components, three the magic sponsor.
- Only 1 swap for Chelsea from Saturday: Billy Gilmour in for the injured N’Golo Kante
- Like-for-be pleased changes in Abraham (for Giroud), RLC (for Barkley), Jorginho (for Gilmour). As soon as more no longer using the beefy complement of five.
- One other no-delivery up for Jorginho, but no longer no longer as a lot as a sub appearance, his first since the Restart
- Giroud, Pulisic on the scoresheet over again: long-established; Willian selecting up the serve on both
- Abraham breaks his goalscoring drought with his 14th Premier League arrangement (16th overall). RLC picks up the serve.
- Chelsea trudge as a lot as third, mercurial. Leicester Metropolis play in just a few minutes (away to Arsenal). Manchester United play on Thursday.
- Subsequent up: Sheffield United away on Saturday